This is the privacy statement of Rip Offs and Good Deals and it relates to our privacy practices in connection with our website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites to which we link. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
Rip Offs and Good Deals respects the rights of users of our website and is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Data Protection Acts of 1988 and 2003 (the “Data Protection Acts”) at all times. We will not collect any personal information (also referred to as personal data) about you on our website without your permission or otherwise in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
Collection and use of personal data
Except in relation to certain specific features of our website, you do not have to provide us with any personal information (or personal data) to use our website. However, where you elect to give us your personal data through our website via online feedback forms or web email then we will treat your personal information in accordance with this paragraph.
By simply visiting our website you do not disclose, nor do we collect, personal data on you. All that we may know about your visit may be limited to technical data such as:
- The logical address (or IP address) of the server you used to access this website
- The top level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- The previous website address from which you reached us
- The type of web-browser you used
- Web traffic data.
The technical data may be used for administrative and statistical purposes and may be shared with our internet service provider. We may use this information to help us to improve our website. This technical data does not provide us with the personal data of visitors to our website.
- Statistical & Analytical – These cookies are used to collect statistical information about visitors of the website and the pages they view. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. We set Google Analytics cookies to gather this statistical information.
Giving us your personal information
Please note that where you provide us with your personal information (e.g. name, e-mail address, work address, phone and facsimile numbers and/or other contact information), through a facility provided on our website or directly to us by e-mail, you consent to us:
- Processing and administering your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instruction; and
- Retaining a record of incoming and outgoing communications (e.g. email).
Information in the email we receive and send will not be disclosed to any third party without the permission of the sender unless otherwise in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
Please note that by using our website you are giving us your consent to process your personal data as outlined in this Privacy Statement. Your consent is also provided to any successor or assignee of Data Ireland and/or any of its businesses. We inform all persons who submit their personal data to us of these conditions by this Privacy Statement.
Security of data
We under take seriously its security obligations in respect of your personal data under the Data Protection Acts to prevent unauthorised access to, or alteration or destruction of personal data in our possession.
Right of Access
You have a right to be given a copy of any of your personal data held by us, in accordance with section 4 of the Data Protection Acts subject to certain exceptions. To request a copy of your personal data please write to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Right of rectification or erasure
If we hold incorrect information about you which was originally submitted by you through this website, you have the right to have the data amended. Further, you have the right to have any information you have sent to us via this website erased. To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request to us in writing to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org together with:
- Your name and address.
- A description of the specific personal data you wish rectified.
- If you request an erasure of your personal data all your data will be erased subject to the following important notice.
We are not required to rectify or erase your data where to do so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to us or where we are required to process (including retaining) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.